Welcome to Readers and Poets

This is the poetry that comes into my life. Please feel free to comment on anything here. I don't think there is too much beauty in the world nor poetry. I will include some comments myself sometimes and some information on the poets, but the real stars is the work itself.



I am a believer in the reader-response theory of reading which means the reader is the one who puts the meaning in the poem so every interpretation is correct. Even if the poet means one thing, it could mean something else to the reader. I am pretty laid back in interpretation as each of us have other experiences and needs when reading.



I like using Zebrareader because it gives me tremendous freedom in what I want to write.


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Update

This is a short update on what is happening in my life. Certainly poetry is a major part of it, I just not been able to get to a computer with Internet access as much as I would like. I have been writing in my notebooks and journals. I have also been reading.

I now have a new apartment that is across the street from the university where I teach. It is a very nice place. I am slowly fixing it the way I would like. I also have a new laptop that is in English and Internet access there. It is quiet and very comfortable. I have a lot of help in getting situated.

I will be leaving Seoul soon for Daejeon where I live and work. There are flowers and blossoms everywhere and it is warming up. It has been so darn cold here. I did not bring enough cold weather clothing. Everyone is saying that it has not been so cold for over 100 years. Well that does not help me.

No comments: